Some of our Guest Reviews for Audley House, Cork City Bed & Breakfast Accommodation
“Cozy B&B Stay”
During a two-week impromptu trip to Ireland, I was keen on staying in Bed and Breakfasts as much as possible. After researching B&B’s in Cork, I elected to stay at Audley House. It was a good choice. Here is why:
1. The husband and wife were both very gracious. They were eager to answer questions and provide recommendations on local and non-local sights, restaurants, etc.
2. Of the many traditional Irish breakfasts I had during those two weeks, this was the best I had had. A nice cold cereal buffet with yogurt, berries, etc. were daily fare. A generous amount of toast (regular bread as well as brown Irish bread) were set on every table. As for cooked breakfast offerings, I enjoyed the traditional Irish breakfast so much that I did not bother to ask what else they had available.
3. Most B&B’s in Europe do not provide fresh towels daily. I did not expect to receive fresh towels and I did not request it, but I did receive them.
4. The free Wi-Fi access was the best out of everywhere I had been in Ireland and was the easiest to set up as well.
5. All areas were very clean and well maintained.
6. The room was comfortable. There was a television but I don’t watch television so I do not have any insight regarding channel selection.
7. The room did include tour information that proved to be useful.
8. The towels were new and better quality than most other places I had stayed.
My stay of five nights were comfortable and I stayed three days longer than I had anticipated. Cork itself is more or less central to several of Ireland’s attractions. I would stay here again when I next return to Cork.
Stayed three nights: Brendan, Patricia and family, were wonderful, helping me to settle in and make phone contacts and find transportation, and providing lots of information about Cork City and the entire area. It was refreshing to stay at a true family-run B&B that’s elegant in an old-fashioned way. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the showers were good and hot, and the full Irish breakfast was superb, with excellent coffee in generous supply. An excellent B&B. Couldn’t recommend it more highly.
Brian716 – Andover, Massachusetts
We stayed at Audley house for one nite on our Irish road trip.
The host Brendan gave us a warm welcome and was a mind of information on where to eat n what to see.
The room was very elegant and extremely comfortable, we had a lovely stay.
Breakfast was made to order and the dining room was beautifully set out, very classy.
Audley house is walking distance from the heart of Cork, very well situated.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Audley House all be it too brief. We would highly recommend it to any traveller to Cork.
Sulliy – Perth, Australia
“A Memorable Stay”
My husband and I stayed at Audley House for three nights. As soon as we arrived we were made feel at home, all thanks to Brendan and his wonder hospitality. The decor throughout the house was beautiful. Our room was very clean and cozy, the shower in the bathroom had excellent pressure, something which was difficult to find during our travels.
The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Brendan was very helpful in his recommendations of local restaurants and sights in Cork and he was always there when we had a query. We look forward to our next stay here in the Spring.
Rose C – Denver, Colorado
Brendan and Patricia were great hosts and went above and beyond to help us out when we encountered some issues while we were in Cork. Patricia made phone calls and lined us up with the assistance we needed. They were both very friendly and Brendan gave us some very good suggestions for places to eat and visit while we were in Cork.
ICD55 – Fort Morgan, Colorado
“A gem of a B&B!”
We stayed here on a whim while traveling through the south of Ireland on our honeymoon.
The owner, Brendan, was kind enough to let us Room #10. It was clean and quiet, which we desperately needed after a busy day spent in Waterford and then in Cork. Brendan directed us to a great pub for dinner which was about a 10 minute walk. The full Irish breakfast was delicious and hot! We would absolutely return to Audley House – wonderful hospitality!
Laura A – Leesburg, Virginia